This class is for adults who just start to learn Chinese language. By the end of the school year, students should
- spell pinyin (including tone mark)
- know how to use the dictionary based on radicals
- understand the basic grammar, including statement and question formats
- master 400 commonly used characters
- write an essay no shorter than 300 characters
Teacher: Shuangshuang Liu, currently holds a full-time teaching position in Mandarin at Avon Middle and High School.
Textbook: Integrated Chinese Level 1, Simplified Character Edition.
Students, please bring a set of index cards, a notebook, a pen, and a Doodle-pro (or a dry-erase board and a marker). It is ok to use any recording device.
The weekly assignment for students is to teach the whole class a word/a phrase in Chinese (including pinyin, tone mark, and the character).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms Liu at